American Challenge ROC 🗓 🗺
American Challenge ROC Region 3
September 3rd, and 4th 2016
SMG SportsPlex at Metuchen
215 Durham Ave Metuchen NJ 08840
*** Registration now is closed – Walk-ins are permitted at the triple fee rate ($90 registration + $120 per event) AND are subject to a $200 surcharge ***
Registration, Events Fees, and Check-In
Regular Fees entry deadline (extended) August 18 2016 11:59PM EST- $30 registration plus $40 per event
Double Fees (August 19 to Aug 22 11:59PM EST) – $60 registration fees plus $80 per event
Triple Fees (August 23 to August 29 11:59PM EST) – $90 registration fees plus $120 per event
Starting August 30 2016, no registration will be accepted through askfred.
Walk-ins are permitted at the triple fee rate ($90 + $120) AND are subject to a $200 surcharge per the US Fencing ROC guidelines
Your registration is incomplete until payment is made via askfred. If you want to make alternate payment arrangements, you must email the organizer before August 15 2016.
Check-In Venue open 7:00AM on Sat, and 7:00AM on Sunday.
You will need to present:
– Proof of USFencing membership, FIE license, or foreign federation membership. If no membership provided, fencer has to complete and pay for USFencing membership at he door
– Signed waiver
– Proof of age, Birth certificate, passport, driver license or USFencing membership
card if DOB is noted on the card.
– Registration fees are NON REFUNDABLE
– Before Aug 15 2016 11:59PM refund of events fees except askfred fees
– After Aug 15 2016 No refund No exception
To request a refund, send email to AIF_Challenge@hotmail.com
New Rules Applied
Effective August 1st, the following new rules applied in all USFencing events.
– In Foil – Reversing shoulders is a group 1 penalty
– In Saber, referees should place fencers in a way that the back foot in front of the “On Guard” lines.
– In Saber, New machine timing will be applied. Touches can be registered if it occurs within a maximum of 170 ms(+- 10 ms tolerance). All machines used in the American Challenge ROC will be upgraded to the new timing.
Referee Challenge (when time permits)
Referees claim they know better… now it is the time to prove it.
Come join our Referee Challenge. One mixed gender team from referees will face one or two mixed gender teams from fencers.
Fencers and referees interested to join, please send an email to AIF_Challenge@hotmail.com. Declare your name, weapon, rating, and which side you are.
We will announce the team members ahead of time. These events are UNSANCATIONED, however, awards will be given to 1st place team.
One more thing… this event will be totally officiated by fencers.
08:00 AM Div 1A Men’s Foil
08:00 AM Div II Women’s Epee
12:00 PM Div II Women’s Saber
01:45 PM Div 1A Women’s Foil
02:30 PM Div II Men’s Epee
04:00 PM Div 1A Men’s Saber
05:00PM Senior Mixed Referee Challenge Team Epee
05:00PM Senior Mixed Referee Challenge Team Foil
05:30PM Senior Mixed Referee Challenge Team Saber
08:00 AM Div 1A Men’s Epee
08:00 AM Div II Women’s Foil
12:00 PM Div 1A Women’s Epee
02:00 PM Div II Men’s Foil
04:00 PM Div II Men’s Saber
05:00 PM Div 1A Women’s Saber
Fencers must check-in each day they fence
Please arrive sufficiently early for equipment check
Event eligibility is determined by 2016-17 USA Fencing birth year requirement only (not specific day/month). All entrants’ age/point eligibility will be verified prior to the tournament, and any ineligible fencers will be notified and removed from the “who’s preregistered” list.
Born 2003 or earlier
Bout Committee Chair Rasha Abdellatif
Head Referee Charles Greene II
Referees Committee – Charles Greene and Lisa Sapery
Head Armor Paul Szmaida
Medical George Cummings
Equipment Vendor Blue Gauntlet Fencing Gear http://www.blue-gauntlet.com
Official Merchandiser Proprintwear https://www.proprintwear.com/
Tournament Format and Rules and Seedings
USA Fencing rules apply. http://www.usfencing.org/page/show/695208-rulebook
Equipment check required (mask, lame (as appropriate), gloves, sabre cuffs, head cords, and body cords). Armorer will be on-site for repairs (for fee).
Name is NOT required on uniform.
Medals awarded to top 8.
100% advances to DE after pool results.
Points for ROC
– Regional points to the top 40%, rounding up.
– Up to the best 3 results in a given category will be combined to determine a fencer’s Regional Rank each season.
– Athletes may earn points at ROCs in any region.
– There is NO trickle down for regional points. Points earned in a ROC tournament only appear in the category in which they were earned. (For example: Div 1A do NOT trickle down to Div 2).
– There IS trickle down for QUALIFICATION between Div 1A and Div 2/Div 3. Therefore, if a fencer qualifies in Div 1A and is age and classification eligible for Div 2 (Div 3), they earn qualification in that category as well.
Fairfield Inn & Suites Edison-South Plainfield
875 New Durham Road, Edison, NJ 08817
Rate is $118+tax including complimentary hot breakfast, free Wi-Fi, and free parking. Cut-Off date is 8/12/2016.
Mention group code “American Fencing“