Midwest Challenge RJCC/ROC 🗓 🗺
Midwest Challenge RJCC/ROC: Region 2
October 21 to 23 2016
RiverPlex Recreation and Wellness Center http://www.riverplex.org
600 Northeast Water Street, Peoria, IL 61603 (309) 282-1700
*** Registration via askfred is now closed.
Starting October 18 2016, no registration will be accepted through askfred.
Walk-ins are permitted at the triple fee rate ($90 + $120) AND are subject to a $200 surcharge per the US Fencing ROC guidelines ***
*** FREE Shuttle from the host hotel, The Embassy Suites to the venue and back. The shuttle service is only available for guests staying at the Embassy Suites. Book your luxurious suite now for $119 (regular price starting from $204/night) Only few rooms left***
For questions, please send an email to email@example.com or Elsayed Emara firstname.lastname@example.org
Your registration is incomplete until payment is made via askfred. If you want to make alternate payment arrangements, you must email the organizer before October 03 2016.
Check-In Venue open 7:00AM All days.
You will need to present:
– Proof of USFencing membership, FIE license, or foreign federation membership. If no membership provided, fencer has to complete and pay for USFencing membership at he door
– Signed waiver
– Proof of age: Birth certificate, passport, driver license or USFencing membership card if DOB is noted on the card.
– Registration fees are NON REFUNDABLE
– Before October 03 2016 11:59PM CDT: refund of events fees except askfred fees
– After October 03 2016: No refund: No exception
To request a refund, send email to email@example.com
08:00 AM Junior Women’s Foil
08:00 AM Junior Men’s Epee
08:30 AM Cadet Men’s Foil
11:00 AM Div I-A Women’s Epee
11:00 AM Cadet Women’s Saber
12:00 PM Div I-A Men’s Saber
02:30 PM Div II Men’s Epee
02:30 PM Div II Women’s Foil
03:00 PM Div II Women’s Saber
08:00 AM Junior Men’s Foil
08:00 AM Cadet Women’s Epee
08:30 AM Cadet Men’s Saber
12:00 PM Junior Women’s Saber
12:30 PM Div I-A Women’s Foil
12:30 PM Div I-A Men’s Epee
01:00 PM Div II Men’s Foil
02:00 PM Div II Women’s Epee
02:30 PM Div II Men’s Saber
08:00 AM Junior Women’s Epee
08:00 AM Div1-A Men’s Foil
08:00 AM Junior Men’s Saber
10:30 AM Cadet Men’s Epee
11:00 AM Div I-A Women’s Saber
11:30 AM Cadet Women’s Foil
Fencers must check-in each day they fence
Please arrive sufficiently early for equipment check
Event eligibility is determined by 2016-17 USA Fencing birth year requirements only (not specific day/month). All entrants’ age/point eligibility will be verified prior to the tournament, and any ineligible fencers will be notified and removed from the “who’s preregistered” list.
ROC : Born 2003 or earlier
Exception to Age Eligibility
– Cadet (through JO’s): A fencer born after 2003 can fence in Cadet local and regional competitions, NAC Cadet tournaments and Junior Olympic Cadet Fencing Championships and qualifying tournaments IF the fencer is on the National Youth 14 point standings at the time of the entry deadline for that tournament.
– Junior (through JO’s): A fencer born after 2003 can fence in Junior local and regional competitions, NAC Junior and Junior Olympic Junior Fencing Championships and qualifying tournaments IF the fencer is on the National Cadet point standings at the time of the entry deadline for that tournament.
– Cadet (After JO’s): A fencer born after 2004 can fence in Cadet competition for the 2017 July Challenge IF the fencer is on the National Youth 14 point standings at the time of the entry deadline for that tournament.
– Junior (After JO’s): A fencer born after 2004 can fence in Junior competition for the 2017 July Challenge IF the fencer is on the National Cadet
point standings at the time of the entry deadline for that tournament
Bout Committee Chair: Rasha Abdellatif
Head Referee: Fernando Delgado
Referees Assigners – Fernando Delgado and Abdel Aziz
Medical – Adam, Sturavant, MD
Head Armor: Chris Green
Equipment Vendor: Blue Gauntlet Fencing Gear http://www.blue-gauntlet.com
Official Merchandiser: Proprintwear https://www.proprintwear.com/
Tournament Format and Rules and Seeding
USA Fencing rules apply. http://www.usfencing.org/page/show/695208-rulebook
Equipment check required (mask, lame (as appropriate), gloves, sabre cuffs, head cords, and body cords). Armorer will be on-site for repairs (for fee).
Name is NOT required on uniform.
Medals awarded to top 8.
100% advances to DE after pool results.
Points for ROC
– Regional points to the top 40%, rounding up.
– Up to the best 3 results in a given category will be combined to determine a fencer’s Regional Rank each season.
– Athletes may earn points at ROCs in any region.
– There is NO trickle down for regional points. Points earned in a ROC tournament only appear in the category in which they were earned. (For example: Div 1A do NOT trickle down to Div 2).
– There IS trickle down for QUALIFICATION between Div 1A and Div 2/Div 3. Therefore, if a fencer qualifies in Div 1A and is age and classification eligible for Div 2 (Div 3), they earn qualification in that category as well.
Points for RJCC
– All athletes whose USA Fencing’s membership division is in the region in which the RJCC is held will earn regional points based on placement. Athletes fencing in an RJCC outside their region will not earn regional points. Larger fields will award more points for placement. A percentage of athletes will earn qualification from their rankings on the RRPS. For more information on this Regional Points formula see the Regional Recognition Initiative Document available http://www.usfencing.org/rycresources
– Up to the best 2 results in a given category will be combined to determine a fencer’s Regional Rank each season.
– There is NO trickle down for points at the Regional level. Points earned in a Regional Cadet or Junior tournament only appear in the category in which they were earned. (For example: Junior regional points do NOT trickle down to Cadet).
– There IS trickle down for QUALIFICATION at the Regional level. Therefore, if a fencer qualifies in an older age group and is age eligible for a younger age group, they earn qualification in that category as well. (For example: If a fencer qualifies to the July Challenge in Juniors and is age eligible for Cadet, he/she will also qualify in Cadet)
– There are NO National Points earned at RJCC events. Junior and Cadet National Points (NRPS) are only awarded at NACs, the July Challenge and Junior Olympic/National Championships.
Embassy Suites by Hilton East Peoria Riverfront Hotel & Conference Center
Address: 100 Conference Center Dr, East Peoria, IL 61611
Magnificent newly built hotel with specious two-rooms suites, complimentary delicious made-to-order breakfast buffet, and complimentary drinks and refreshments at Evening Reception. Lush green open-air atrium lobby, free parking and free Wi-Fi.
Our negotiated rate is $119+tax. Rooms are limited.
*** FREE Shuttle from the host hotel, The Embassy Suites to the venue and back. The shuttle service is only available for guests staying at the Embassy Suits ***
Here are 3 ways for guests to make their reservations:
1. To make reservations on-line:
Select check in date and check out date
Click the blue link that reads “Add special rate codes”
Enter PFA into the Group Code box
Select Check Availability
2. To make reservations by phone: Call 1-800-EMBASSY
Ask for Global Reservations
State your check in and checkout date
Mention your block Peoria Fencing Academy and code PFA
3. To make reservations by using website:
Adjust your check in and checkout date
Type Finish Reservation by putting in your information