Daugherty Youth Cup SYC-RCC 🗓 🗺
Daugherty Youth Cup SYC-RCC
October 7-9, 2017
Center St. Louis
6727 Langley Ave
Affton, MO 63123
Questions, concerns, problems registering please email me at:
—————— Important Info: ——————-
*** Triple Fees now in effect ***
Tournament: Daugherty Youth Cup – SYC/RCC
Date(s): 10/07/2017 – 10/09/2017
Location: Center St. Louis
Event | Date | Registration Closes
Y10 Women’s Epee | Sat 10/07| 10:00 AM
Y10 Women’s Foil | Sun 10/08| 8:00 AM
Y10 Women’s Saber | Mon 10/09| 11:30 AM
Y10 Men’s Epee | Sat 10/07| 10:30 AM
Y10 Men’s Foil | Sun 10/08| 8:00 AM
Y10 Men’s Saber | Mon 10/09| 11:15 AM
Y12 Women’s Epee | Mon 10/09| 12:00 PM
Y12 Women’s Foil | Sat 10/07| 10:00 AM
Y12 Women’s Saber | Sun 10/08| 8:30 AM
Y12 Men’s Epee | Sun 10/08| 2:00 PM
Y12 Men’s Foil | Mon 10/09| 8:00 AM
Y12 Men’s Saber | Sat 10/07| 2:30 PM
Y14 Women’s Epee | Sun 10/08| 8:30 AM
Y14 Women’s Foil | Mon 10/09| 12:00 PM
Y14 Women’s Saber | Sat 10/07| 10:00 AM
Y14 Men’s Epee | Mon 10/09| 8:00 AM
Y14 Men’s Foil | Sat 10/07| 4:00 PM
Y14 Men’s Saber | Sun 10/08| 2:00 PM
Cadet (U17) Women’s Epee | Sat 10/07| 10:30 AM
Cadet (U17) Women’s Foil | Sun 10/08| 12:30 PM
Cadet (U17) Women’s Saber | Mon 10/09| 8:30 AM
Cadet (U17) Men’s Epee | Sat 10/07| 10:30 AM
Cadet (U17) Men’s Foil | Sun 10/08| 12:30 PM
Cadet (U17) Men’s Saber | Mon 10/09| 8:30 AM
Events dates and time are all correct on the who’s coming page.
Registration fees is non refundable
1. Due date for request event fee refund is 9/11/17.
2. There will be NO EXCEPTION after the due date.
3. When request refund, please email TFASTL2009@gmail.com and make sure to include your mailing address to send your check back. We do not refund back to your credit/debit card.
1. Regular fee as follow:
2. Regular fees end on 9/18 @ 11:59 pm
3. Double fees starts on 9/19 @ 12:01 am as follow:
4. Double fees ends on 9/25 @ 11:59 pm
5. Triple fees starts on 9/26 @ 12:01 am as follow:
6. Pay at the door: Triple fees + $200. We accept Credit cards, debit cards, cash and checks.
USA Fencing competitive membership, or other foreign federation membership, required. Must present membership card (or proof of membership payment) at check-in. To print your membership card visit: https://member.usafencing.org. Join/renew USA Fencing membership visit: http://www.usfencing.org/page/show/698115-individuals.
If no proof of membership you must complete and pay for USA Fencing membership. You may join/renew at the door (parent signature required).
• A signed waiver of Liability is required (Click “Download Waiver). Note, photography, filming, recording or any other form of media of the athlete during the tournament can be used by the host organization and USA Fencing. Those wishing to opt out of media coverage must present the waiver to the BC in person.
• Event entry is determined by 2017-18 USA Fencing Birth year requirements:
Y12 2005-2008 (or on Y10 NRPS* list)
Y14 2003-2006 (or on Y12 NRPS* list)
Cadet U17 2001-2004 (or on Y14 NRPS* list)
*See current NRPS standings at:
• Age verification required either by presenting: USA Fencing card stating Age Verified “Y” OR Copy of birth certificate, or other government-issued ID with photo.
• Equipment check required.
• Y10 fencers must fence with blades no longer than 32.5 inches.
• Must have at least two working weapons and two body cords present on-strip.
• Full USA Fencing regulation uniform required. Name is NOT required on uniform. Foil mask with conductive bib required. 800N Saber glove required. t.15 1. Fencers arm, equip and clothe themselves and fence at their own responsibility and at their own risk.
• USA Fencing rules apply. http://www.usfencing.org/athletes-usa-fencing-rule-book
• Ratings can be awarded, however youth events do not qualify for the E1 or D1 classifications. This means that these events are NR until they achieve C1 level or higher. See USFA ratings chart at: http://assets.ngin.com/attachments/document/0034/6264/Classification_Chart.pdf
• Fencers are responsible for ensuring accuracy of all posted information and must report errors to the bout committee immediately. This includes club affiliation, division, classification, date of birth, gender, spelling of name, etc. Errors in posted pool results must be reported to the BC immediately (within 5 minutes). Once DE round starts and tableau is posted, the pool results are final and no adjustments will be made. Check all scores before leaving the strip. Fencer signature on pool sheet and DE slip implies accuracy.
• Seeding for pool round is based on the Current National Youth Ranking according to age group and weapon, regardless of classification, then classification/year, then fencers with neither points nor classification. Fencers with equal classifications/ points will be randomized within each classification. Only ratings and points standings listed on the USA Fencing website at the time of the tournament will be used. Current ratings: http://www.usfencing.org/current-member-list. Current point standings: http://www.usfencing.org/current-point-standings
• Each event consists of two rounds (pools and DE (direct elimination).
Pools: One preliminary round of 5 and 6 or 6 and 7 person pools comprised of the standard 5-touch bout in 3 minutes. 100% then advance to direct elimination round.
Direct Elimination: DE tableau shall be comprised according to the results of the preliminary pool round. Fencers are seeded by their results in the pool round wherein the results of fencers in all the pools are ordered by best results to poorest results: highest ratio of victories vs. bouts fenced, touches scored vs. touches received.
Y10 DE format: 10-touch bouts (two 3-minute periods with a 1 minute break between). The first period ends either at the expiration of three minutes or when 5 hits are scored, whichever comes first. During the 1-minute break, ONE PERSON designated by the fencer (team-mate, coach, or parent) may be on the strip with the fencer.
Y12/Y14/Cadet DE format: 15-touch bouts (three 3-minute periods with a 1 minute break between) During the 1-minute break, ONE PERSON designated by the fencer (team-mate, coach, or parent) may be on the strip with the fencer.
• No fence-off for third place; Medals awarded to 8th place.
• Photography and filming is allowed, however NO flash photography is allowed near ongoing competitions.
• Withdrawal during pools: The pools must be fenced through the last bout. A fencer who withdraws, or who is excluded, is scratched from the pool, and his results are annulled as if he had not taken part.
• Withdrawal during DE: When for whatever reason a fencer cannot fence or cannot complete his bout, his opponent is declared winner of that bout. A fencer who withdraws does not lose his place in the overall classification of the competition.
Referee Clinic with Abdel Aziz
Come and join us for the Referee Clinic hosted by Abdel Aziz on October 6th from 4:00PM at Center St Louis .
You will have the chance to be observed and get a rating at The Daugherty Cup SYC/RCC that will take place at Center St. Louis, 6727 Langley Ave, St. Louis, MO 63123 on Oct 7-9, 2017.
for more info and to sign up go to https://askfred.net/Clinics/moreInfo.php?clinic_id=38614
Holiday Inn Route 66
10709 Watson Rd
St. Louis, MO
CUT OFF DATE: 9/15/2017
To have our special rate, please follow the link below:
—————— To Preregister: ——————
Preregistration closes on 09/18/2017