Fairfax Challenge RYC # 1 – Region 6 🗓 🗺
Fairfax Challenge Regional Youth Circuit #1 – Region 6
February 25th & 26th 2017
Kena Temple Ballroom
9001 Arlington Blvd, Fairfax VA 22031
*** Triple Fees now in effect until February 20th 11:59PM EST***
For questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Registration, Events Fees, and Check-In
– Regular Fees entry deadline -EXTENDED- February 13th 11:59PM EST- $30 registration plus $25 per event.
– Double Fees (February 14th to February 17th 11:59PM EST)- $60 registration fees plus $50 per event.
– Triple Fees (February 18th to February 20th 11:59PM EST) $90 registration fees plus $75 per event.
– Starting February 21st no registration will be accepted through askfred. Walk-ins are permitted at the triple fee rate ($90 + $75) AND are subject to a $200 surcharge per the US Fencing RYC guidelines
Your registration is incomplete until payment is made via askfred. If you want to make alternate payment arrangements, you must email the organizer before February 6th 11:59PM EST.
Venue opens 6:30AM each day.
You will need to present:
1- Proof of USFencing membership, FIE license, or foreign federation membership. If no membership provided, fencer has to complete and pay for USFencing membership at he door
2- Signed waiver
3- Proof of age – Birth certificate, passport, or USFencing membership card if DOB is noted on the card.
– Registration fees are NON REFUNDABLE
– Before February 6th 11:59PM EST refund of events fees except askfred fees
– Starting February 7th 2017 No refund No exception
To request a refund, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
New Rules Applied
Effective August 1st, the following new rules applied in all USFencing events.
– In Foil – Reversing shoulders is a group 1 penalty
– In Saber, Distance between the “On Guard” lines is 3 meters.
– In Saber, New machine timing will be applied. Touches can be registered if it occurs within a maximum of 170 ms(+- 10 ms tolerance). All machines used are upgraded to the new timing.
Fencers must check-in each day they fence
Please arrive sufficiently early for equipment check
Event eligibility is determined by 2016-17 USA Fencing birth year requirements only (not specific day/month). All entrants’ age/point eligibility will be verified prior to the tournament, and any ineligible fencers will be notified and removed from the “who’s preregistered” list.
Y8 = 2008-2010
Y10 = 2006-2009
Y12 = 2004-2007 (or on Y10 NRPS)
Y14 = 2002-2005 (or on Y12 NRPS)
Current point standings: http://www.usfencing.org/current-point-standings
Bout Committee Chair – Rasha Abdellatif
Head Referee – Charles Greene II
Referees Committee – TBA
Head Armor – Paul Szmaida
Equipment Vendor – Blue Gauntlet Fencing Gear http://www.blue-gauntlet.com
Tournament Format and Rules
USA Fencing rules apply. http://www.usfencing.org/page/show/695208-rulebook
Equipment check required (mask, lame (as appropriate), sabre cuffs, head cords, and body cords). Armorer will be on-site for repairs (for fee).
Name is NOT required on uniform.
Blades: The maximum blade length permitted for Y10 competitions is 32 inches (Size 0, and 2)
Ratings can be awarded, however youth events do not use the E1 or D1 classifications. This means that these events are NR until they achieve C1 level or higher. See USFA ratings chart at: http://assets.ngin.com/attachments/document/0034/6264/Classification_Chart.pdf
Medals awarded to top 8.
100% advances to DE after pool results.
Residence Inn Fairfax Merrifield
8125 Gatehouse Road, Falls Church, VA 22042
Tel (703) 573-5200