McKendree RJCC – Region 2 🗓 🗺
McKendee University would be pleased to host this event. Our Fencing Program will begin competing in its second year this fall. Being a new program in the Midwest, this event would give us the opportunity to showcase our institution to potential prospective student-athletes. It is the intent of our University to move this program to NCAA in the future. By hosting this event, it would give high school participants an opportunity to visit an institution that may support their academic and fencing goals once they graduate. McKendree is located in Lebanon, Illinois which is a suburb of St. Louis, Missouri. Our location is ideal for an event of this caliper as it relates to hotels, dining, and travel for the participants.
Tournament fee and refund:
Please note that registration fee is NOT REFUNDABLE.
Last day to request REFUND is Monday 3/27/2018 –NO EXCEPTION–
RJCC event: $40
Senior event: $25
Regular fee ends on Monday 3/27/2018 at 11:59 pm
Double fee starts on 3/28/2015 at 12:01 am
Senior event: $25
Triple fee starts on 4/3/2018 at 12:01 am
Event | Date | Registration Closes
Cadet (U16) Women’s Epee | Sun 4/09| 3:00 PM
Cadet (U16) Women’s Foil | Sat 4/08| 3:00 PM
Cadet (U16) Women’s Saber | Sun 4/09| 8:00 AM
Cadet (U16) Men’s Epee | Sun 4/09| 1:30 PM
Cadet (U16) Men’s Foil | Sat 4/08| 2:00 PM
Cadet (U16) Men’s Saber | Sat 4/08| 8:00 AM
Junior (U19) Women’s Epee | Sat 4/08| 2:00 PM
Junior (U19) Women’s Foil | Sun 4/09| 10:30 AM
Junior (U19) Women’s Saber | Sat 4/08| 10:30 AM
Junior (U19) Men’s Epee | Sat 4/08| 10:30 AM
Junior (U19) Men’s Foil | Sun 4/09| 2:30 PM
Junior (U19) Men’s Saber | Sun 4/09| 10:30 AM
Senior Women’s Epee | Sun 4/09| 12:00 PM
Senior Women’s Foil | Sat 4/08| 12:00 PM
Senior Women’s Saber | Sun 4/09| 1:30 PM
Senior Men’s Epee | Sun 4/09| 8:00 AM
Senior Men’s Foil | Sat 4/08| 8:00 AM
Senior Men’s Saber | Sat 4/08| 3:00 PM
Exception to Age Eligibility
– Cadet (through JO’s): A fencer born after 2003 can fence in Cadet local and regional competitions, NAC Cadet tournaments and Junior Olympic Cadet Fencing Championships and qualifying tournaments IF the fencer is on the National Youth 14 point standings at the time of the entry deadline for that tournament.
– Junior (through JO’s): A fencer born after 2003 can fence in Junior local and regional competitions, NAC Junior and Junior Olympic Junior Fencing Championships and qualifying tournaments IF the fencer is on the National Cadet point standings at the time of the entry deadline for that tournament.
– Cadet (After JO’s): A fencer born after 2004 can fence in Cadet competition for the 2017 July Challenge IF the fencer is on the National Youth 14 point standings at the time of the entry deadline for that tournament.
– Junior (After JO’s): A fencer born after 2004 can fence in Junior competition for the 2017 July Challenge IF the fencer is on the National Cadet
point standings at the time of the entry deadline for that tournament.
Tournament Format and Rules and Seeding
USA Fencing rules apply. http://www.usfencing.org/page/show/695208-rulebook
Equipment check required (mask, lame (as appropriate), gloves, sabre cuffs, head cords, and body cords). Armorer will be on-site for repairs (for fee).
Name is NOT required on uniform.
Medals awarded to top 8.
100% advances to DE after pool results.
Points for RJCC
– All athletes whose USA Fencing’s membership division is in the region in which the RJCC is held will earn regional points based on placement. Athletes fencing in an RJCC outside their region will not earn regional points. Larger fields will award more points for placement. A percentage of athletes will earn qualification from their rankings on the RRPS. For more information on this Regional Points formula see the Regional Recognition Initiative Document available http://www.usfencing.org/rycresources
– Up to the best 2 results in a given category will be combined to determine a fencer’s Regional Rank each season.
– There is NO trickle down for points at the Regional level. Points earned in a Regional Cadet or Junior tournament only appear in the category in which they were earned. (For example: Junior regional points do NOT trickle down to Cadet).
– There IS trickle down for QUALIFICATION at the Regional level. Therefore, if a fencer qualifies in an older age group and is age eligible for a younger age group, they earn qualification in that category as well. (For example: If a fencer qualifies to the July Challenge in Juniors and is age eligible for Cadet, he/she will also qualify in Cadet)
– There are NO National Points earned at RJCC events. Junior and Cadet National Points (NRPS) are only awarded at NACs, the July Challenge and Junior Olympic/National Championships.
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Small Logo
3396 Green Mount Crossing Drive,
62269, United States
Coach Hossam Hassan
McKendree University fencing head coach
Bout Committee Chair: